Saturday 16 November 2013

Designer maker inspiration - Jennifer Collier

Jennifer's work is some of the most detailed and delicate pieces I've ever came across. The level of detail is so high within her work the pieces look identical to the real items. I love the delicate use of colour and pattern within these particular pieces of work that I have placed images of here:










A little quote from Jennifer to inspire...

"My practice focuses on creating work from paper; by bonding, waxing, trapping and stitching I produce unusual paper ‘fabrics’, which are used to explore the ‘remaking’ of household objects. The papers are treated as if cloth, with the main technique employed being stitch; a contemporary twist on traditional textiles. The papers themselves serve as both the inspiration and the media for my work, with the narrative of the books and papers suggesting the forms. I tend to find items then investigate a way in which they can be reused and transformed; giving new life to things that would otherwise go unloved or be thrown away."

http://www.jennifercollier.co.uk/


Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Blog Design Created by pipdig